52 days of great Milwaukee restaurants: Snack Boys Snack Bar
This ultra fun 1980s themed snack bar serves up a scrumptious menu of elevated (and sometimes shareable) bites. Originally in Walker's Point, the restaurant moved into bigger, bolder East Side digs earlier this year; unfortunately, COVID-19 has prevented all of us from enjoying the new double-decker art-filled restaurant to its fullest extent. But, as the Snack Boys website says: "Apocalypse can't kill your vibe." You can still bring a piece of awesome home with you via carry-out or delivery.
Take a peek at the new restaurant in this Quarantine Kitchen video with Chef Mitch Ciohon.
Five dishes to try:
- Roasted cauliflower with aioli, pickled vegetables, “bird seed” and olive oil ($8)
- Hot fries: French fries topped with ranch, “DVR sauce,” scallions and dust ($8)
- Fundido: House queso with a choice of soy or pork chorizo, melty cheese, pickled red onion, cotija cheese and cilantro ($10)
- Fried tofu with crispy shallots, scallions and sweet chili sauce ($7)
- Papa KyKy's Pizza: Thursday nights only; get one while they last (toppings change every week)